The Organization Committee establishes consensus and cooperation by building partnerships among the various groups that have a stake in the commercial district. By getting everyone working toward the same goal, our Main Street program can provide effective, ongoing management and advocacy for the downtown business district. Through volunteer recruitment and collaboration with partners representing a broad cross section of the community, the program can incorporate a wide range of perspectives into its efforts. A governing board of directors and standing committees make up the fundamental organizational structure of our volunteer-driven revitalization programs. Volunteers are coordinated and supported by a paid program director. This structure not only divides the workload and clearly delineates responsibilities, but also builds consensus and cooperation among the various stakeholders.
The PADA Business of the Month award is one example of working to recognize and improve participation in the association by its members. Other Organization Committee responsibilities for 2012 include:
- Washington State Mainstreet Tax Credit Incentive program (B&O tax credit)
- Youth Volunteer program
- Adult Volunteer program
- Membership meetings
- Association Newsletter
- Association Website
- Pursue grant and fundraising opportunities
Sterling Impressions Photographic
2013 Organization Committee Work Plan
Business of the Month is awarded to a business or individual who works to create a positive image for their business, the downtown and/or the community. The criteria considered should include but is not limited to at least one of the following:
- Active involvement/participation in downtown events
- Conscious effort and constant attention to a positive business image defined through quality customer service and merchandise
- Exceptional volunteerism in the association, the downtown business community or within the community.
- Beautification and/or design--interior or exterior of their business and/or building
- Exceptional contribution to the community
- Other instances that may arise that deserve recognition
Any member of the PADA wishing to nominate a fellow business person in the downtown should contact the PADA office at 457-9614. Anyone from the community that would like to nominate a business that they feel has provided exceptional service, product or comunity involvement is also welcome to contact us with their recommendation.
All previous awards are listed in the Archives of this website